How to Apply for Driving Licence in Mumbai in 2021 | Chola MS
Chola - Apply Driving Licence Mumbai Banner Content
Chola - Apply Driving Licence Mumbai Body Content
Maharashtra is among the top three states with the highest number of deaths due to road accidents - 11,452 deaths. Driving licence figures as one of the traffic violations, which is why you need one to drive down the streets of Mumbai. Fortunately, applying for a driving license in Mumbai is now very easy, with both offline and online modes.
The following are the easy steps to apply for a driving licence in Mumbai in 2021:
Eligibility for Driving Licence in Mumbai:
- You must be 16 to apply for a gearless two-wheeler.
- You must be 18 to apply for other vehicles.
- For driving heavy motors, the minimum age requirement is 20.
- Note that the applicant must be aware of the traffic rules and have a learner’s license.
Required Documents for Driving Licence:
- The applicant needs age and address proof which either of the following documents can do:
- Birth Certificate
- Passport copy (attested)
- Any education certificate.
- Ration card
- Voter’s ID
- PAN card
You will also need a copy of passport size photos. If the applicant is over 40 years of age, a copy of their medical certificate (form 1A) is also required.
Applying for a Driving License in Mumbai in 2021:
Getting a driver’s license in 2021 is more convenient due to the online process.
- Download the application form. You can download it from the official website of Maharashtra Transport.
- Fill in the details.
- Upload the required documents such as the medical certificate, learner’s license, age proof and address proof.
- After uploading the documents, you will get an application reference number, after which you will get an appointment at the RTO.
- You will have a driving test. If you pass, the results will be declared in a few hours, and you will receive the DL by post at your address.