How To Apply for Driving Licence in Kolkata | Chola MS
Chola - Driving Licence Online & Offline in Kolkata Banner Content
Chola- Driving Licence Online & Offline in Kolkata Body Content
Driving license in Kolkata, West Bengal, is compulsory to drive two-wheelers, private cars or commercial vehicles on the street legally.
The initial process begins by availing a learner's license from the Regional Transport Office, followed by the permanent driving license.
Here's how you can apply for a driving license in Kolkata -
- Minimum age of 16 years for gearless two-wheelers.
- Minimum age of 18 years for geared and light motor vehicles.
- Minimum age of 20 years for heavy motor vehicles.
- Applicable between 1-6 months from the issue of learner's license.
- Knowledge of traffic rules & regulations.
Documents required for the application of driving license in Kolkata:
- Application form 4.
- Self-attested passport size photographs.
- Medical and fitness certificate.
- Age proof (any of the following documents)
- Birth certificate
- PAN card
- 10th mark sheet
- Government employee certificate
- Residential proof (any of the following documents)
- Voter's ID card
- Aadhar card
- Electricity bill
- Rent agreement
The procedure of driving license application online and offline
- Visit the nearest RTO or the Parivahan Sewa website.
- Download or collect the application form from the RTO.
- Fill up the application with your details (full name, father's name, address, qualification, DOB, POB, blood group, identification mark).
- Attach selected documents and submit your application online or to the RTO.
- Pay the application fee and reserve the slot for the driving test.
- Visit your RTO to take the driving test.
Obtain your driving license upon completing the driving test.
Under the Central M. V. Act, 1988, Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, and West Bengal Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, driving without D/L is considered an offence. It could result in fines & penalty for the driver and the owner of the driven vehicle.
An individual's driving license contains useful personal information that may help him in an unfortunate situation, and it is also mandatory for any insurance claims.