Shifting from gym to home workouts would have been uncomfortable for fitness freaks in the beginning of the lockdown. But as we slowly got used to life in lockdown, the aspect of fitness at home has also become something to get accustomed to. However, to keep your workout session more interesting and diverse so that it doesn’t get monotonous inside the four walls of your house, here are a few alternatives that you can adopt! These can motivate you to work out even on those sluggish days where you barely get out of your bed. And of course, you will no longer find excuses to skip your workout session!
- - This is one of the easiest ways to have fun and stay fit at the same time. Put on your favourite music and get on the floor! Zumba helps in toning your body, helps you destress, and also boosts your heart health. Fix a convenient time for yourself, either in the morning or in the evening, and show off your moves in style! You could also make this a fun family routine and dance with your kids or your partner. This will ensure that you keep up this routine even on those sulky days as you will have someone to remind and motivate you.
- this low-impact exercise improves your balance, posture, and flexibility to a great extent. It greatly improves your body-mind connection as well, as you are continuously keeping a tab on your breathing and body movement throughout the session. If practiced on a regular basis, it will help develop control and endurance in the entire body.
- this high intensity, full-body workout will take you back to the carefree days of your life while burning calories. In addition to this, skipping also improves stamina, focus, and boosts your immune system to a great extent. And since this practically requires only a skipping rope and one can do this at their own speed, this exercise is highly flexible and convenient
- Though you may not have access to skyscrapers in your city, it doesn’t mean you can’t play this sport. You could do these stair workouts once in a while for a change. This has multiple benefits - improves bone density, aids in weight loss by burning calories, and boosts your metabolism heavily!
- this rhythmic stretching of your body is highly entertaining and fun to do. Put on some good music for company and get started on these dance-like exercises! Doing this will help you become more flexible, improve your muscular strength and cardiovascular fitness)
- you would need no introduction to this combination of physical, mental and spiritual exercise that’s highly popular worldwide. This form of exercise has both physical and mental health benefits. Some of them include improved respiration and vitality, increased flexibility and helps maintain a balanced metabolism. It also helps manage stress, helps clear and calm your mind and sharpens your concentration levels.
- a ground-based exercise that’s centered hugely around animal style movements that encourage core stability and strength, joint strength, and body awareness. As it challenges the body through multiple movements that it may not normally be in, one can call this a combination of gymnastics, yoga, and breakdancing! If you are someone who has a tight 9-5 work from the home schedule for 5 days a week, you may want to consider this option to keep your physical and mental well being in check.
These are some of the fun alternatives that you can give a try to keep yourself in shape. As we continue to live a lockdown life, it’s highly possible that we get bored with certain activities because of their monotonous nature and tend to stop doing them. Hence, it’s always a good idea to keep distracting your routine with some alternatives that are equally beneficial, if not more. Also most importantly whatever you choose to do make sure it keeps you happy both physically and mentally. Checkout health insurance policy from Chola MS for risks and uncertainties.