Do you remember the movie the “The Italian Job”? While the movie did not make much at the box office, it sure makes an impact in the minds of the car lovers. Everyone remembers the stylish Mini Coopers featured in the movie. So much so that, sales and vehicle insurance renewal of the model spiked immediately, and many copied the look in the film. And who can forget the whimsical Volkswagen Beetle ‘Herbie’ from the movie “The Love Bug”!
Here is a list down of some of the unforgettable cars that graced the silver screens. While many were auctioned away, some can be found in museums around the world.
Highlights of the Act
- 1932 Ford Model B Deuce Coupe - American Graffiti - George Lucas’ lowbudget filmshowed cars cruising through the Californian coast. Featuringclassics like the 1956 Ford Thunderbird and the 1958 Chevy Impala, the movie was an unforgettable experience for the car lovers. However, none can forget the striking yellow 1932 Ford Model B Deuce Coupe.Today, the car is owned by a San Francisco resident, who holds vehicle insurance for the same till date.
- 1977 Pontiac Trans Am - Smokey and the Bandit - Burt Reynolds played Bo “Bandit”Darville, who drives the infamous 1977 Pontiac Trans Am that was involved illegally in ferrying beer across states. In order to keep the authorities away from the smuggling truck, Burt’s Pontiac is designed in a classy and trendy manner. The car is also featured in Smokey and the Bandit IIand in 1978sHooper.
- 1963 Aston Martin DB5 –Goldfingerand “Thunderball” - The British Secret Agent James Bond is only identified with the 1963 Aston Martin DB5, despite his extensive array for fancy cars. Driven by Sean Connery in “Thunderball” and “Goldfinger”, the Martin matches thesophistication and jeopardy that 007’s character invokes. The car was sold to a buyer from Ohio in 2010, for a whopping $4,600,000.
- 1981 Porsche 928 - Risky Business - The Tom Cruise comedy movie portrayed him as a teenager who was specifically asked to keep off his father’s 1981 Porsche 928, which was obviously left unheeded. In 2007, a fan managed to acquired one of the 6 cars used in the filming and donated it to the Forney Museum of Transportation, for which he managed to acquire a vehicle insurance policy before donation.
- 1967 Ford Anglia 105E – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Who can forget a flying car! The Turquoise Anglia was the Weasley’s family car, which was hexed to fly and become invisible at times. HarryPotter played by Daniel Radcliff and Ron Weasleyplayed by Rupert Grintmade a dramatic flight to Hogwarts School in Scotland all the way from Kings Cross in London,crash landing their way into the Wizarding School.
Cholamandalam MS, a General Insurance Company in India, offers a wide range of insurance policies for individuals as well as corporates. For individuals, there are products like Car Insurance, Two Wheeler Insurance, Travel Insurance, Health Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Home Insurance and Crop Insurance. For SMEs and Corporate Insurance clients, Chola MS offers customized insurance solutions encompassing insurance and risk consulting services such as Engineering Projects, Engineering Operations, Liability Insurance, Marine Insurance, Fire Insurance and Miscellaneous Insurance.