Private Car Insurance
You love your car and your family and you want to keep them safe at any possible rate. Chola MS keeps you secure with its private car insurance policy.
Why you should get a motor insurance policy
If you own a car, Indian law requires you to have third-party insurance for your vehicle. Whether you want a comprehensive car insurance policy is your choice. Car insurance can relieve you of the burden of unnecessary expenses which may be incurred owing to accident, fire or theft.
What to look for in a motor insurance policy
- It offers damage cover for a third party and your own vehicle
- It offers 24/7 assistance in case of a car breakdown or accident
- Cashless claims
- Easy claim settlement process
- Quick online buying and renewal process
Chola MS comprehensive can insurance policy covers damage to your own vehicle as well as damage to a third party property. Whether the damage is through accident or theft, or through natural calamities like earthquake and flood, Chola MS motor insurance covers it all.
You can buy and renew car insurance online, and be assured of easy and hassle-free claim settlement.
Here's a look at the wide range of benefits you stand to gain when you choose Chola MS for your car insurance:
- Complete comprehensive cover that offers both Third Party Cover and Own Damage Cover
- Third Party Liability Cover that includes TP Personal Liability & Property Liability
- Personal Accident Cover for the owner, driver and passengers
- Protection for your vehicle against damage or loss due to accidental external means, theft, burglary and various other perils
- Discount on Own Damage (OD) premium for claim free policy years - No Claim Bonus
- Optional cover for personal accident of up toINR 2 lakhs for passengers in your car
- Cashless claims facility available at more than 600 Chola MS preferred garages
- Seamless and hassle-free claims process
- Facility to buy online car insurance through simple and hassle-free procedures
- Quick and easy online insurance renewal process
* Conditions apply.
Chola MS Motor Insurance protects your vehicle against:
- Third Party Personal Liability with unlimited coverage. The amount awarded by the court as your liability to a third party due to accidental death or injuries caused by your vehicle will be compensated for under the vehicle insurance policy.
- Third Party Property Damage with a maximum cover ofINR 7,50,000, in case of private cars.
- Own Damage Cover protects against the loss due to:
- Fire, lightning, self-ignition or explosion
- Burglary, theft or housebreaking
- Strike or riot
- Earthquake (shock damage and fire)
- Flood, inundation, storm, tempest, typhoon, hurricane, Cyclone and Hailstorm
- Accidental external means
- Malicious acts
- Terrorist activity
- During transit by rail, road, inland waterway, air or lift
- Landslide and rockslide
- Personal Accident Cover with compensation for owner cum driver.
- LL to Paid Driver.
- PA cover for named & unnamed passengers, including spouse, children, parents, etc
- Legal liability towards employees arising out of an accident involving the insured vehicle.
Other Covers available are
- Discounts include No Claim Bonus, Automobile Association Membership Discount, Discount for Anti Theft Devices approved by Automobile Research Association of India (ARAI) that are fitted in the vehicle
- Add-on Covers for Private Vehicles include a wide range of additional covers that you can choose from for enhanced protection of your vehicle.
- Fixed Daily Allowance of INR500 orINR1,000 per day to meet the cost of hiring a car (for a maximum of 5 days per policy period) if the insured vehicle was involved in an accident and is under repair at a garage.
- Reinstatement Value to ensure maximum claim benefit - Full Car Investment Security with compensation based on the vehicle invoice value# and zero depreciation charges on repaired parts
(# Excluding vehicle registration charges and road tax.)
- Waiver of reduction in depreciation for partial losses, such asreplaced vehicle parts, depending on the age of the vehicle.
- Cover for personal belongings and clothing destroyed or damaged in a fire or an accident (the items must have been inside the locked car during the mishap). The maximum reimbursement during a policy period isINR10,000
- Reimbursement of expenses towards obtaining a duplicate ignition key up to a maximum ofINR 1,000, following the loss of the original ignition key
- Compensation for obtaining duplicate license (fixed sum ofINR 500) in the event that the original driving license for a light motor vehicle is lost
- Cover for road tax and registration charges
- Chola Assistance for roadside emergencies - Support is available 24x7 for spot assistance, including fuel delivery and battery top-up, as well as car breakdown assistance including fixing a flat tyre or on-site repair. CARE 24x7 can be reached at 1800-103-5354 /1800-209-5354 (Exclusive toll free numbers for CARE Services only).
The Chola insurance policy for private vehicles does not cover the following:
- Accidental damage or loss due to wilful negligence
- Accidental loss or damage if you are driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drug
- Loss or liability while the vehicle is being used outside the scope of limitations of use and/or being driven by a person not duly licensed
- Consequential loss, depreciation, wear & tear, mechanical & electrical breakdown / failure of breakages
- Loss due to nuclear weapons or radioactivity
- Loss due to war and related activities
* Conditions apply.
The Insured's Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle will be deemed to be the 'Sum Insured,' fixed at the commencement of each policy period for the insured vehicle. The IDV of the vehicle is fixed on the basis of the manufacturer's listed selling price for the specific brand and model of the insured vehicle at the time of commencement of the insurance or renewal, and adjusted for depreciation.
The table below lists the schedule of age-wise depreciation, for fixing IDV.
|Age of the Vehicle
||% of Depreciation for fixing IDV
|Not exceeding 6 months
|Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding
|Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding
|Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding
|Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding
|Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding
* Conditions apply.
Dr Mrs Sowmya