1800-200-5544 (Accessible from India only)
9144-3098 5300 (For Abroad Customers)
The Cholamandalam MS Marine policies are designed to provide suitable coverage and offer adequate indemnity for cargo / goods carried through various modes of transport and transit.
The Cholamandalam MS Export Policy covers the insured against total loss / partial loss / general average / salvage and other related expenses.
- Cargo policies are freely assignable
- Existence of Insurance Interest needs to be established only at the time of loss
- Most of the marine policies are agreed value policies
- An element of profit can also be included in the sum insured which is allowed by the insurers. This is referred to as mark up in Marine Insurance parlance
- Marine policies are transit / voyage policies and not limited to any specific period
- The interpretation and applicability of various statutes, the legislation in various countries, the port conditions, customs procedures and the legal systems in various parts of the world, govern the operation and interpretation of a Marine Insurance policy
Types of Policies
- Specific Policy - The policy issued for a specified transit. The coverage under the policy will cease on completion of the transit contemplated
- Open Policy - This is a policy intended to cover Export movement of consignments for specified period of time which is usually one year. This policy is suitable for insured with numerous transactions throughout the year. The availability of the open policy facilitates the insured in having automatic and continuous cover and the insured is free to declare the consignment movement subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. The open policy is issued with an initial sum insured which can be enhanced at policy rate any time during the currency of the policy
UIN no. IRDAN123P0063V01200203
New to Chola?
All Rights Reserved. Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd. Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.
Important Message: By submitting your contact information on our call back forms, you are agreeing to be contacted by our Customer Service Representative.